Y’all, I sell beautiful hair accessories and have three daughters. You’d think that hair is a priority in our house. But we’re a busy family, and honestly, with these super comfortable hair accessories, we sleep in the same style, so often our hair is the last thing we think of.
Many times, I’m quickly fixing ponytails as we walk into the church building (or co-op or the grocery store), and hoping nobody notices the tangles that didn’t get removed… even though I reminded them to brush their hair.
As cool as it might be to just let them grow out dreads, I’m just not ready for that. So for now, I’ll continue harping the importance of brushing your hair every single day. Some tricks we’ve learned to make this process a little less agonizing (aka a few less tears):
- When bathing, leave conditioner on the hair for at least 5 minutes,
- Use a spray-on detangler immediately after bathing on towel dried hair, and again later when brushing out tangles,
- For a natural detangler, massage lavender and orange essential oil into the hair,
- Invest in a tangle brush,
- Occupy their mind with something to do while brushing.
That’s not too hard, right? So let’s get to detangling!
BTW, If you’re not using a tangle brush, I urge you to check out the link below for the Teazer! These work great! My thick haired daughter uses the Thick & Curly, while my other two use a regular tangle brush.
- Hill Country Essentials Baby Detangler Spray
- Avon Kids Triple Threat Kid’s Shampoo, Conditioner, Detangler from my friend & Avon lady, Jameye
- Johnson’s Baby No More Tangles Tear Free Toddler & Kids Detangling Spray, Paraben Free, 10 Fluid Ounce
- Essential Oils of Lavender & Orange – contact me to order
- Young Living KidScents Shampoo – contact me to order
- Mane ‘n Tail Original Conditioner, 32fl oz
The tangle brushes we use:
- Tangle Teezer Salon Elite Detangle Hairbrush, Dolly Pink
- Tangle Teezer Thick & Curly. Dry Detangling Hairbrush for Thick, Curly and Coarse Hair
Our beautiful hair accessories
Distractions my girls enjoy while brushing hair:
- Beverly Hillbillies
- Abundant Permaculture on YouTube
- Simon’s Cat on YouTube
- Eating pretzels lol
I’ll be featuring some quick & easy Back to School Hairstyles videos in my customer VIP Club on Facebook on Friday, August 24! Request to join the group and check out the videos if you’d like some info to help you get your girls out of the house faster!
This post contains some affiliate links. You won’t pay any more when you use these but I will earn a small commission on any purchases you make after clicking on them and I greatly appreciate it. Thanks for helping support my little blog!!!
One thought on “Tangles: 5 tips to help detangle little girl hair!”