Some cultures have been using Rosewater for centuries, but here in America, we seem to fall away from traditional uses, stay away for a while and then come back to realize the value of natural products. I believe this is true with Rosewater.
So what is Rosewater? Well, it is NOT rose petals soaked in water. True Rosewater is a hydrosol, a by-product from the steam distillation of rose essential oil. This video explains the process well:
There are so many uses for hydrosols like rosewater!
- Rosewater makes a beautiful pillow spray at night.
- Try it as a perfume.
- Add a little to a dessert to give it a lovely rose flavor!
- Use as a hair tonic to hydrate and to smooth the hair cuticles.
- Use as a no-heat hair setting spray when combined with a Swerve U-Pin or other Lilla Rose haircessory.
- Use as a facial toner daily for dry, aging or irritated skin.
- Mist in the air or on body to calm the mind.
- Spray Rose Water on your hair to keep it shiny and vitalized
- Massage into your scalp to moisturize and stimulate hair follicles
- Spray Rose Water on your face for an energizing boost of hydration in the morning, or a relaxing mist before bed.
- When used to fight acne, remove makeup, or treat eye bags, spray Rose Water on cotton and gently wipe the skin.
- Spray Rose Water directly on the areas you’d like to tone and hydrate.
- Spray after a workout to cool and refresh.
- Sunburn relief
Listen to what these ladies had to say about their Rosewater experiences:
We 4 girls love the stuff. My girls have waist long hair. I’ve just started being able to use it on my hair again, trying to get it healthy again, hiding my shaved areas from surgery as they grow out. It tames the new growth wispies, too. I’m also using it to stimulate my facial nerves/muscles as I rub it over my face on the cotton ball and while I can’t wear make up. I’m getting compliments on my complexion.
– Deb W.
I LOOOVE the Rosewater! 💓💓 It smells like REAL roses!!😁😁
– Amanda M.
Get yourself some Rosewater 💕 I am so glad I did !! With age comes change – it’s inevitable 😏 – body changes, skin changes, hair changes and I have been privy to them ALL. I have been using rosewater for just about 3 weeks now and have noticeable improvement in my hair and skin. With just ONE product I have literally replaced 4 others I USED to use on my HAIR and FACE!
HAIR – much more manageable and the shine it has is remarkable! It’s no secret to those who know me I am NOT kind to my hair as it is colored on a regular basis, blown dry and just plain beat up !
No more dry fly-aways, and it STAYS manageable all day without ANY additional product and my ends have NEVER looked healthier. 💕
SKIN – Wowzers ! Tone and elasticity ! I now have BOTH !! Yes BOTH ! Who knew ? A quick spritz before bed and another in the morning before putting on my face for the day 💕
– Wendy G.
My hair has been so much softer and smoother!
– Amanda K.
I use it as a detangler for my daughter’s hair. She is now 17 months and has very fine wispy hair. Gets tangled out in just a few seconds with no tears!! I use it on my hair in the morning to refresh areas that are flat (especially around my face) after sleeping on it.
– Amanda P.
I have a perm and use it when I get out of the shower to get my curls back. I also will use it in my flyaway hair to keep it down in stead on looking like a wild woman. I also use it on my dry face wow what a huge difference the Rose water brings back moisture. I’m on my 3rd bottle. It’s a must have in my bathroom.
I’m a massage therapist and I spritz it on my sheets just before my clients come. Lovely scent!
– Jackie A.
I use this on myself and my 18 month old daughter. We both have curly hair, mine is a little coarser than hers. She has Shirley Temple curls. I use it to Spritz on her second or third day curls to revive them. Also makes her hair smell amazing! I use it the same for myself, and also on my face as a toner. I think it’s a delightful product! As an FYI, when I got down to the bottom half inch of my bottle I filled it up the rest of the way with filtered water. Still smells great even though it’s diluted. 😃. Just my frugal two cents worth. 😉
– Laura S.
Daughter-Long, fine hair. Slight wave but curls tend to fall. She LOVES using foam twirlers and curling her hair. But after a day, they are quite fallen. A week or two ago, my daughter washed at night and we did a good spray down of rosewater and put in foam rollers. In the morning, we took them out and they lasted not only that day, but we didn’t comb her hair out and the curls lasted the next day, too!
– Erin S.
It’s a great refresher for the skin and hair. It doesn’t make my hair or skin oily or shiny. It can be used anytime you need a quick pick me up, the light smell of the rose water is invigorating, calming and soothing all at the same time. I spray rosewater on my clients hair and scalp when I’m done with their hair. You can also “lightly” mist your face with it, makeup stays put. I love it!
– Cathy S
I’m finding that it is really great, for my super fine hair, at taming frizz and static (which will be even more important as winter comes on with all its dry air)! I used it the other day (below) to take out the frizz after wearing a knit hat for hours! 🙂
– Megan M.
My girls and I love Rosewater, too! I love that ours is also made from organic Bulgarian roses, so I don’t have to worry about extra chemicals on my skin. The ingredients are: certified organic rose hydrosol (rosa damascena). That’s it!
Check out all of our Personal Care line: CLICK HERE TO SEE A GALLERY OF ALL !
- Rose Water Mist
- Detangler (works great!!)
- Dry Shampoo & Shower Caps for days between shampooing
- Hair Masque for deep conditioning
- Add thickness and volume to your hair with Sea Salt Spray
- Thermal Defense Mist heat protectant!
- Reduce your drying time with a Bamboo Hair Towel or curly girls & long hair girls especially like the Gauze Hair Towel
- Premium Hair Brush, Rat tail Comb & Detangling Shower Comb
- Coming Soon (July 2021) – Hair Mascara for touching up roots, highlights/lowlights, filling in eyebrows, and keeping flyaways in check!
- Click the gallery link to see money saving sets, too!